War of 14 a Rehearsal for Harmageddon? · Do Macron and Merkel Know the History of World War I?
- Apocalypse 19:14
-  And the armies that are in heaven followed him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
- 1914 AD
- World War I starts, cavalry is till being used (indeed for a few years more
- Apocalypse 19:15
-  And out of his mouth proceedeth a sharp two edged sword; that with it he may strike the nations. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath of God the Almighty.
- 1915 AD
- Battles and Trench Warfare in World War I make it a much bitterer year of war than the previous one.
- Apocalypse 19:16
-  And he hath on his garment, and on his thigh written: KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
- 1916 AD
- This year one of the sovereigns and kings acceeded, who did acknowledge the Lordship of Christ:
Charles I of Austria and IV of Hungary reigned from 1916 to 1918. How is he acknowledging the sovereignty of Christ? Well, he tried to make a peace - which was confounded by Woodrow Wilson's total support of all then regional nationalisms, while he was offering only autonomy to some degree. In Austria, he was nicknamed Charles the Last (perhaps in Hungary too, but it is for Austria where he was Charles I that the title is funny). And in that demoted sense he is also the "first" (since officially "Charles I") and "the last" (since unofficially "Charles the Last"), which makes his name an allusion of A and Ω, which is a title of Christ.
Another title of Christ is The Bridegroom. A man who has meant lots to millions of readers was bridegroom this year. 1916 is when Tolkien married. And next year, he rode into WW-I, perhaps on a white horse. Unless its colours were more like those of Shadowfaxe. Charles I pretty certainly had a white horse. Somewhat spotted. Of Lipiza race, which is very much in use for ceremonies in Vienna.
- Apocalypse 19:17
-  And I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that did fly through the midst of heaven: Come, gather yourselves together to the great supper of God:
- 1917 AD
- "May 13–October 13 (at monthly intervals) – 10-year-old Lúcia Santos and her cousins Francisco and Jacinta Marto report experiencing a series of Marian apparitions near Fátima, Portugal, which becomes known as Our Lady of Fátima."
Solar miracle October 13 suggests that Sun is being moved by an angel. Verse mentions "an angel standing in the sun".
Tolkien was later going to, perhaps without noticing, but rather more probably because noticing, include angelic movers, if not of all stars, at least of sun and moon into Silmarillion.
- Apocalypse 19:18
-  That you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of tribunes, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all freemen and bondmen, and of little and of great.
- 1918 AD
- Several Monarchs overturned in Axis. Both the Two Kaisers and Kings like those of Saxony and Bavaria and some more. And it was also in the year 1918 that the Czar and his family were killed.
- Apocalypse 19:19
-  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies gathered together to make war with him that sat upon the horse, and with his army.
- Béla Kun in power in Budapest. Up to August 1, when Romanians step in.
- Apocalypse 19:20, 21
-  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet, who wrought signs before him, wherewith he seduced them who received the character of the beast, and who adored his image. These two were cast alive into the pool of fire, burning with brimstone.  And the rest were slain by the sword of him that sitteth upon the horse, which proceedeth out of his mouth; and all the birds were filled with their flesh.
- 1920, 1921
- White Terror of Hungary in answer to Red Terror.