Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Job Revisited


I have found one word in Job's own words, which can have been the one he considered a folly.

Early on in chapter 7 verse 20, and following, watch this, this is Job speaking:

I have sinned: what shall I do to thee, O keeper of men? why hast thou set me opposite to thee, and I am become burdensome to myself Why dost thou not remove my sin, and why dost thou not take away my iniquity? Behold now I shall sleep in the dust: and if thou seek me in the morning, I shall not be.

So, not only did God reprove Eliu for having called Job a sinner, in his words to Job, He refused to even answer Eliu, but also, Job reproved himself for having called himself a sinner. Or at least for having called himself a sinner going to perdition.

This is the meaning of the beginning of Job 42:

Then Job answered the Lord, and said: 2 I know that thou canst do all things, and no thought is hid from thee. 3 Who is this that hideth counsel without knowledge? Therefore I have spoken unwisely, and things that above measure exceeded my knowledge. 4 Hear, and I will speak: I will ask thee, and do thou tell me. 5 With the hearing of the ear, I have heard thee, but now my eye seeth thee. 6 Therefore I reprehend myself, and do penance in dust and ashes.

Jesus confirmed that God was able to save Job:

And again I say to you: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Job started out as a rich man, even so God could save him./HGL

No comments: